Apply to Intern at MVCA!
MVCA is looking for an awesome summer intern to work at our office in Ann Arbor.
We seek a highly-organized, self-directed, and detail-oriented summer intern to work with the entrepreneurial and investment community in Michigan. The individual will work collaboratively with a broad range of constituencies, including venture capitalists, public officials, media and others in Michigan’s early-stage investor and entrepreneurial community while playing a significant role in showcasing MVCA’s message and events.
The summer intern position will report to the MVCA associate director and be responsible for MVCA’s industry research for the Michigan Entrepreneurial & Investment Landscape Guide, event assistance, and database management.
This position will give the candidate the opportunity to network with venture firms located both in and outside Michigan. MBA students are often ideal candidates for MVCA’s Venture Fellow Program and MVCA’s summer intern will be in a unique position to network and evaluate firms for a culture fit should he/she wish to participate in that program eventually.
The Michigan Venture Capital Association (MVCA) is a nonprofit trade organization designed to increase the amount of capital and talent available to venture and angel investors for the funding of Michigan’s most innovative entrepreneurs, as well as to work closely with them to transform breakthrough ideas into new companies and industries that drive Michigan job creation and economic growth. MVCA membership includes private and corporate venture capital funds, angel investors, universities and economic development organizations, and service providers. More than 400 individuals are members of MVCA, representing over 100 organizations across the nation.
Communicating with key stakeholders about Michigan Venture Community. Responsibilities may include:
- Working with the entrepreneurial and investment community to gather information for compilation of the 2018 Entrepreneurial & Investment Landscape Guide.
Assisting with MVCA events that strengthen the MVCA and the network of Michigan’s entrepreneurial and investment community. Responsibilities may include:
- Attendance and networking at all MVCA events (hosted and partner events)
- Assisting with registration, logistics, and execution of events
- Possible Summer 2018 events include:
- Member Networking Receptions
- MVCAcademy for young professionals in the investment and entrepreneurial community
Providing administrative support. Responsibilities may include:
- Supporting and working closely with the associate director to ensure organizational goals and objectives are met
- Maintaining Nutshell database designed to track industry contacts, membership lists, meeting preparation and meeting follow-up
- Assisting in obtaining information for grant reporting requirements
- Other misc. administrative tasks
Key skills and attributes include:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and exceptional organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with the ability to managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Some knowledge of the entrepreneurial and investment community preferred
Educational and other requirements:
- Current MBA student preferred, strong consideration will be given to current BBA students
- Some evening work and travel around the state may be required
Competitive salary offered commensurate with experience.
If interested in applying, please send a resume along with an e-mail with brief bullet points on:
- Why you are interested in the position
- What skills, experience, traits you think would make you a good fit for the position
- What you are hoping to get out of the internship
- Why you believe building a diverse and inclusive entrepreneurial & investment community in Michigan is important
- Requested start date (we are flexible)
Send this information to Molly Theis at [email protected]
Posted February 2, 2018 in MVCA NEWS