Strong Michigan venture firms are a critical factor in the success of Michigan startups. With Michigan venture investors backing nearly every Michigan venture-funded startup, the health of our state’s entrepreneurial economy hinges on our ability to provide capital to our high-growth, high-potential companies.
- There are currently 19 startup companies in Michigan led by a CEO who is a racial minority, a 138% increase over the last six years.
- Every dollar invested in a Michigan startup by a Michigan-based venture capital firm, it attracts $45.71 of investment from outside of Michigan.
- There are 26 venture capital firms headquartered or with an office in Michigan.
- Total venture capital under management in Michigan is $4.3 billion.
- 542 venture firms from outside of Michigan have invested in Michigan-based startups.
- In Michigan, 106 startups raised over $73.6 million from angel investors.