Marketing & Programs Manager Position
Michigan Venture Capital Association (MVCA) is seeking an enthusiastic and self-directed individual for a full-time position who has experience in two areas:
- Marketing – messaging, content development, communications, public relations/social media
- Program Development/Management – planning and executing programs that assist in attracting and retaining talent for the Michigan venture capital community
In this position, you will be working closely with the executive director and associate director to:
- Ensure a comprehensive marketing & communications plan is developed and executed to promote members, events, and publications
- Create original and manage content for our website as well as social media channels
- Pitch and place stories about major successes, messages, activities to the local and national press
- Create press releases and email blasts
- Attend MVCA events (hosted and partner events)
- Work with MVCA team and members to develop messaging and voice of the organization
- Develop and assist with obtaining funding for programs that help grow the venture capital industry and entrepreneurial ecosystem in Michigan.
- Coordination and execution of MVCA Internship Program including educational/networking sessions per semester cohort. Work with existing educational institution partnerships to help match students with VC firms and their portfolio companies based on their needs.
- Work with MVCA committees to develop programs, work with MVCA members to promote utilization of programs, process applications, assure programs are administered in compliance with grant terms
- Responsible for MVCA’s Landscape Guide & Map (annual publication), grant implementation and oversight, talent program development, and promotion
Key Skills & Attributes
- Enthusiastic, self-directed, detail-oriented
- Superior writing and editing skills
- Highly skilled at using Microsoft Office products
- BA/BS in communication, English, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in writing, digital marketing, social media, and/or communications
- Experience in creating and managing educational programming
- Knowledgeable about the Michigan entrepreneurial and investment community a plus
Competitive salary offered commensurate with experience. MVCA will be moving to a remote workplace environment in Q4 of 2022; the Position is currently hybrid with a Novi-based office
The Michigan Venture Capital Association (MVCA) is a nonprofit trade organization founded in 2002 to increase the amount of capital and talent available to venture and angel investors for the funding of Michigan’s most innovative entrepreneurs. The organization works closely with entrepreneurs to transform breakthrough ideas into new companies and industries that drive Michigan job creation and economic growth. MVCA membership includes private and corporate venture capital funds, angel investors, universities and economic development organizations, and service providers. More than 400 individuals are members of MVCA, representing over 100 organizations across the nation. For more information, visit www.MichiganVCA.org.
Send a resume and cover letter along with an e-mail explaining why you are a fit for this position to [email protected]. No phone calls.