Come Intern at MVCA!
Summer 2019 Internship Available
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Are you passionate about Michigan’s growing entrepreneurial and investment community? MVCA is seeking a detail-oriented and self-directed individual to work with Michigan’s entrepreneurial and investment community. This is a full-time 12-week position starting in May 2019.
This position will give the candidate the opportunity to network with venture firms located both in and outside Michigan. MBA students are often ideal candidates for MVCA’s Venture Fellow Program and MVCA’s summer intern will be in a unique position to network and evaluate firms for a culture fit should he/she wish to participate in that program eventually.
In this position, you will be working closely with the executive director and program director to:
- Gather information from Michigan’s entrepreneurial and investment community to develop the 2019 Entrepreneurial & Investment Landscape Guide.
- Manage events for Michigan’s entrepreneurial and investment community
- Attend and networking at all MVCA events
- Assist with registration, logistics, and execution
- Summer 2019 events include:
- Midwest Growth Capital Symposium
- Member Networking Receptions
- MVCAcademy for young professionals in the investment and entrepreneurial community
- Some evening work and travel will be required (MVCA events)
- Help with shared administrative responsibilities – scheduling meetings, responding to e-mails, maintain database, meeting preparation, meeting follow up, etc.
Key skills and attributes
- Enthusiastic, self-directed, detail-oriented
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Current MBA or BBA student
Nice to haves
- Some knowledge of the entrepreneurial and investment community
Competitive salary offered commensurate with experience.
If interested in applying, please send a resume along with an e-mail with brief bullet points on:
- Why you are interested in the position
- What skills, experience, traits you think would make you a good fit for the position
- What experience you have with the high-tech entrepreneurial and investment community (ie. part of a venture capital group at school, entrepreneurship minor, etc.)
- Requested start date (we are flexible but a May 14th start date is preferred so you can attend the Midwest Growth Capital Symposium)
Send this information to Emily Heintz at [email protected]
The Michigan Venture Capital Association (MVCA) is a nonprofit trade organization designed to increase the amount of capital and talent available to venture and angel investors for the funding of Michigan’s most innovative entrepreneurs, as well as to work closely with them to transform breakthrough ideas into new companies and industries that drive Michigan job creation and economic growth. MVCA membership includes private and corporate venture capital funds, angel investors, universities and economic development organizations, and service providers. More than 400 individuals are members of MVCA, representing over 100 organizations across the nation.
Posted February 2, 2019 in MVCA NEWS