At the 2015 MVCA Annual Awards Dinner, the Michigan Venture Capital Association announced its 2016 executive committee and board of directors! MVCA executive director, Maureen Miller Brosnan, commented, “MVCA is fortunate to have always had the right chairman at the helm of the organization at the right time. MVCA Chairman Tony Grover, Managing Director with RPM Ventures, will bring his leadership to an industry fundamental to Michigan’s economic recovery. With investments not only in Michigan, but in Silicon Valley, New York and the Great Lakes Region, Tony is uniquely positioned to help MVCA tell the story of how important it is for Michigan legislators and the administration to continue investing in the entrepreneurial community to keep moving our state forward economically.”
MVCA’s top priorities in 2016 will be:
- Education and Outreach: Educating key stakeholders about the critical role the venture community plays in Michigan’s economy and the importance of sustaining the progress that’s been made.
- Talent: Establishing and sustaining programs that will attract and retain the best talent for the venture capital community in Michigan.
- Research: Increased advocacy and distribution around the successful MVCA Annual Research Report.
- Networking: Connecting investors throughout the Great Lakes Region with other investors, service providers and entrepreneurs through exciting events and the Michigan Entrepreneurial & Investment Landscape Guide, interactive website and active social media network.
Tony Grover of RPM Ventures will serve as the organization’s Chairman and Mark Olesnavage of Hopen Life Science Ventures will be the Treasurer and Chairman Elect. Other board members serving in 2016 are:
- Jim Adox, Venture Investors
- Josh Beebe, MK Capital
- Hugo Braun, North Coast Technology Investors
- Patricia Glaza, Arsenal Ventures
- Mark Horne, Plymouth Venture Partners
- Sara Kruse, Jaffe
- Jon Lauckner, GM Ventures
- Doug Neal, Michigan eLab NEW
- Jeff Rinvelt, Renaissance Venture Capital Fund
- Ted Serbinski, Detroit Venture Partners
- Tom Shehab, Arboretum Ventures NEW
- Jody Vanderwel, Grand Angels
- Ryan Waddington, Arsenal Venture Partners